Friday, January 23, 2009

The Snake

The snake wound itself around, curling, traveling centimetres at a time. So slow and graceful in it's journey, a delicate flower ready to be born, opened, ready to be harvested. And it's cold, dead eyes locked on my watery blue-grey holes and it warned me.
Go away, you do not belong, and they do not like those that do not belong.
And I knew who it spoke of, but how could I leave when I had no where to go? I should have felt leaking eyes, liquid streaking my face leaving trails of black ink, a smudged and smeared masterpeice, the battered queen. But the snake, it was so calm.
Cold skin, soft, elegant as it danced it's way up my arm, so determinated and doing so well in it's mission. For it had decided.
Dance with me.
And I could do nothing but move my eyes from side to side in an awkward jig, feeling no music, deaf to any noises but the gentle hum of a million serpents as they made their way in to my brain. A pack of vultures as they settled on their prize to feed, manipulating me with their venomous voices.
And I felt the poison rushing in, injected, my own form of heroin, as it melted away my skull and let the contents seep in to the empty shell of my head. Peices of a scattered mind falling in a bitter catastrophe as they began to feast, heads buried amongst the pale pink.
They's torn their way through skin and bone, ripped, crushed and leaking my brains all over the floor, and they lapped it up hungrily.
You mindless creation, look what they've done to you? Oh.but we warned you. We triedto get you to leave, but you kept coming back for more. Such greed.
The words dripped heavily from the serpents pretty tongue as he made his way out my eye socket, forcing the eye down the sides of my face in a full circle, then pushing it in to my mouth, my tongue wetting the already moist morsel, and as I bit down, I tasted all my memories, all the visual experience, all the colors and lights came back to me. It was spectacular. I'd never seen it all at once, and now here it was, inside my mouth, as I tasted all my visions once more.
And now the snakes began to feed me peices of my brain.
These are the thoughts you neglected to think. They were always there, you just couldn't find it within yourself to think anymore, could you? But here is the mind you thought you'd lost. It's still there.
I chewed each thought with care, the taste peculiar.
Never will I venture that far. But the experience, it must be had. And I learned so much from it, could more be taken? What an adventure, I'm up for more.
Too late, I forgot that I locked the door. I was trapped here and I couldnt stay any longer, not with my mind rebuilding itself...
Too late, I forgot there is no escape. I'm stuck in a circle, a permanant loop, and it isn't just a game anymore, Hide and Go Seek is well and truely a thing of the past. Sometimes I wonder how I can remember that far back.

The last thing I saw was my hands crashing in to my eye sockets, nails ready to tear me to shreds. The last thing I thought was...
Oh dear, I think I'm gone.

1 comment:

  1. Ah,
    'The Snake'.
    He's still here. You're not afraid anymore, and you don't hear the voice... not unless you really want to, you know, when you feel alone. That's why he stays. So you're not alone.

    It's a weird sentimental attachment.

    But good news! You're no longer freakin' psychotic.

    You ain't gone, btw. Not even close. It gets harder, not gonna lie.

    :3

    ReplyDelete