Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NBK on LSD.

I've been told to watch Natural Born Killers, and there's a 'I need to watch this film' in the pit of my stomach. I dropped some acid, and we sat down to watch this film. It came to the seen with Mallory's pig of a father, and his very face turned my trip a little off. He's what we call an ugly, a trigger that turs your trip bad.
The whole scene was so strange, I think there was laughter, like a crowd watching a comedy, only there was nothing funny about it. I was wondering the whole time if this was even the same film, and I thought "I shouldn't be watching this" directly after the father makes that comment about coming up to see how clean she was, and all I could say was "This movie is so fucked!".
There was the scene where Mallory is standing on the car, dancing, appears to be on acid, the way she's talking all floaty-like, and I remember thinking "Wow, she reminds me of me".
It warps in and out, the art of making serial killing creative and beautiful, romantic blew my mind, the filming spectacular, a true work of art.
The scene with the rattlesnakes comes up, and terror strikes me, like I'm standing in a pit of snakes, and I feel that fear of being bitten, panic, flipping out. The scene with the mushrooms did a similar thing, I thought "Wow, this is like that acid fear of the person you're being with not being them". Hit me hard.
Next to the father scene I described above, the other part that distrubed me greatly was with Jack and the girl, and watching her face, it was as if she was warping in and out of a bad trip. One moment, she was okay with Jack and what they were doing, and then when he'd say "Kiss me", her face would come over with pure terror and she'd back away, all like "What the fuck? I don't want this", and he would scare her and disgust her. I've felt that so many times, it's horrible.
My most favored part is Mickey's interview, and as soon as he started speaking, I thought "This guy reminds me of Phoenix". As the yinyang flashed across the screen, my thoughts were confirmed and I was convinced he WAS Phoenix.
I especially enjoyed when he said "It's just murder. All God's creatures do it. You look in the forests and you see species killing other species, our species killing all species including the forests, and we just call it industry, not murder".
I thought, 'This guy makes more sense then anyone I have ever met".
Also, when he said "You'll never understand, Wayne. You and me, we're not even the same species. I used to be you, then I evolved. From where you're standing, you're a man. From where I'm standing, you're an ape. You're not even an ape. You're a media person. Media's like the weather, only it's man-made weather. Murder? It's pure. You're the one made it impure. You're buying and selling fear. You say "why?" I say "why bother?"
GOD DAMN! This guy is so fucking enlightened! Was magical.
The scene of their escape, using the media as a sheild was very adrenalin-pumping, passionate and classy. I felt deep satisfaction as Jack was shot, having so much hatred for his disgusting being. I enjoyed the way the film showed that EVERYONE is fucked up, nobody is innocent, there is no good guy.
Mickey made a point, a man of integrity. Mallory was kind of drug-induced insane, Mickey was perfectly sane however.
"If I don't kill you, what is there to talk about? "
I have much admiration for Mickey, and after the film I lay shocked for so long, wondering how such a masterpiece could possibly exist. I'll have to watch it again, when not tripping off chops, but I'm certainly going to place it in my top favored films, right next to Waking Life.
Fucking amazing. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment