Wednesday, December 16, 2009

split, crack, split, crack go the broken hearts.

You'd been in the pit for hours, and now you approach me, telling me if she wasn't here by sundown, you'd kill yourself. I stood shocked in the semi-rain, my heart cracking. I didn't know what do do, but I knew I had to do it. For you, because, all that I do is for you.
Through the city, time at my heels, the sun with it's evil grin as it began to slip behind the edge of the world, my world. I wanted to cry, but this was no time fo sorrows. Begging people to direct me to her, begging people to show me some way of contacting her.
And he was with me, just like he sat with me when I first saw you several months back and cried for hours, just like he knew what was best for me and kept me away from you that night when you howled in the pit, and he told me "you don't want to see this", expecting the worst.
He's been with me for the worst of times, and all the best. And it makes me wonder... where are you when my heart is bleeding on the loungeroom floor, crying for you? Sure as hell, he's there, and she's there, like she was there when I needed her most, coming to me in the middle of the night just to be sure I was okay, forgetting everything to be there for me.
Where are you when I'm singing out my love of everything, acid grin in place? She's there, holding my hand, and he's there, playing with my hair, but where are you?

You're in my head, and in my heart, but you're never in my arms, not at my best, not at my worst, not when my whole world is crumbling and I rock back and fourth in a corner, unable to speak anything but your name, blanks in my memory, all the world worried for me, even the angels losing sleep.
You just... don't... care anymore.
Not like you did when we first met, and you said you believed in love at first sight. You made me so important, and I made you my everything.
I stood by you, defended your ass when everyone accused of such dirty things, I forgave you for everything you ever did, and I held your hand whilst you lost your mind, I made time to see you, make sure you were okay, while everyone else judged me for it.

I don't know what happened, I don't know when you stopped loving me, but I know for sure what it feels like to have a broken heart.

And still, after all of this, I love you endlessly. For all your flaws, and all your mistakes, and all the shit you put me through, and for all the times you were never there, and still aren't... And I still love you hopelessly.

And I will wait... Because there's nothing else to do. I will wait 'til you remember how much I meant to you, wait 'til you realise no one in this world will ever love you as much as I do. No one ever could.

And yet, you still don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment